Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday September 17th

Happy Wednesday families! 

MATH:

Today in math was basically an extension of the last lesson. 

Things to keep in mind:

1. Encourage your students to read the ENTIRE question before answering. If it says use words, pictures, and numbers, they must do so. On my example below, I did NOT include everything, but I did on the first two to give you an example. 

2. Your student has been taught multiple ways to solve these problems. They likely will not do it the same exact way that I did on my example. That is okay! In fact it is GREAT! 

3. Some ideas you can give them when solving multiplication problems is to use the standard algorithm, place value chart, area model, or they may simply just have to estimate. 

4. It is even better if they do two different ways to double check their work. 




SPELLING:

We have a spelling test on Friday. If your student takes the pre-test tomorrow and gets 100%, they get free time during the post test on Friday. 

A.R.:
Please ask your student where they are on their A.R. goal. I give them 30 minutes a day to read and they should be reading 20 minutes or more at home each night. Today they should be at 44%. 

Thank you!
Mrs. C 

P.S. Let me know if there is something more you would like to see on the blog. I would love to hear if this is useful to you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment